David Ayer Biography
David Ayer is an American film director, producer and screenwriter. He is best known for writing the Training day in (2001), he also co-wrote The Fast and the Furious (2001), and directed Harsh Times (2005), Street Kings (2008), End of Watch (2012), Sabotage (2014), Fury (2014), Suicide Squad (2016) and Bright (2017). David signed to direct action thriller The Beekeeper for Miramax in May 2022.
David Ayer was born on January 18, 1968 in Champaign, Illinois, U.S. He is 55 years old as of 2023.
David Ayer Height
He stands at a height of 1.89 m.
David Ayer Net worth
David Ayer has an estimated net worth of $20 million as of 2023.
Read Also:Pete Davidson, Net Worth, Favorites, Properties, Tattoos, Health, Relationship
Scott Cooper(director) Bio, Age, Wife, Career, Hostile, Net Worth, News
Juliette Goglia Biography, Age, Family, Boyfriend, Movies, Easy A, CSI, Hannah Montana, Shake It Up
David Ayer Family
He grew up in Bloomington, Minnesota, and Bethesda, Maryland, where he was kicked out of his house by his parents as a teenager.
He went on and lived with his cousin in Los Angeles, California, where his experiences was in South Central Los Angeles of which it became the inspiration for many to his films. David enlisted in the United States Navy as a Submarine Sonar Technician (STS) aboard the USS Haddo (SSN-604).
David Ayer is married to Maria Ayer. The couple had been married since 2002, but they separated in late July, with Ayer citing irreconcilable differences.
It was initially believed the split was amicable since Ayer had agreed to pay his wife spousal support and there was no prenup in place.
- David Ayer filed for divorce from his wife after 14 years, of marrage their divorce was due to irreconcilable differences.
- He is seeking a ‘regular custodial schedule’ to see his four children, Cynthia, 15, Robert, 13, Jason, 11, and Emily, 9
- Court docs obtained by DailyMail.com reveal Mireya has controlled his access to his children claiming the four minors feel ‘uncomfortable’ around their father
- He has dismissed her claims and has alleged that his estranged wife is ‘punishing’ him because she is ‘very angry’ over his decision to divorce
- ‘They smile when they see me. They tell me they love me. I speak with them about their day, take them hiking, and do the same activities with them that we enjoyed before the separation,’ Ayer says in the court documents
- The mother-of-four allegedly refused to allow her kids to spend a night at their father’s home until three months after the split, court papers state
- She also told the children’s school that Ayer is to be ‘bcc’d’ on any emails to her so that she does not see his name
- He says he has made an effort to speak with Mireya at her home, but she in turn has driven away from him and once yelled: ‘Don’t you get it?! Get the f**k out of my house!’Family issues on court
- Court documents obtained by DailyMail.com reveal Mireya has claimed the children ‘are uncomfortable’ around their father and currently, only allows them to see him on two non-overnight visits each week, and one overnight every other week.
- The mother of four also refused to allow her kids to spend a night at their father’s home until three months after the split, according to the filing.
- It was initially believed the split was amicable since Ayer had agreed to pay his wife spousal support and there was no prenup in place.
- However, legal documents paint an ugly picture of hostility and scorn, as they claim Mireya maintains minimal contact with her estranged husband, refuses to facilitate visits with his kids, and has even failed to notify him on his children’s medical emergencies.
- Ayer, who filed for an order of child custody on April 6, is being represented by celebrity divorce attorney Laura Wasser, who has handled cases for stars such as Ashton Kutcher, Ryan Reynolds, and Christina Aguilera.
- Besides his work on Suicide Squad he has also written the screenplay for The Fast and Furious and Training Day.
- Court papers show he has dismissed Mireya’s claim that the children are uncomfortable around him and has alleged that his estranged wife is ‘punishing’ him because she is ‘very angry’ over his decision to divorce.
- ‘Immediately after I moved out, Mireya blocked my access to the kids and refused to communicate with me. She would not answer the phone if I called….I did not get the children for an overnight visit until October 29, 2017,’ Ayer states.
- Ayers added that he is enlisted in the help of family counselor Lisa Hacker and has been using co-parenting app ‘Our Family Wizard’ to communicate with his family.
- His concerns for his kids’ health prompted him to speak to his estranged wife outside of their home, but she ‘refused to look’ at him and drove off in her car without responding, he claims.
- Ayer states he later returned to the home in another attempt to talk things through with Mireya, but she lashed out saying, ‘Don’t you get it?! Get the f**k out of my house!’
- Despite the bitter feud, the screenwriter acknowledged that Mireya was ‘largely responsible for the minor children’s day to day life’ but states he has never been an ‘absent father.’
- Ayer had provided for the family financially while Mireya took on the role of running the household and taking care of the children.
- He was concerned that the split could have a negative impact on his children, but told the court that his relationship with his kids has ‘improved drastically’ since the first few weeks after he moved out.
- ‘They smile when they see me. They tell me they love me. I speak with them about their day, take them hiking, and do the same activities with them that we enjoyed before the separation. Robert has specifically expressed a desire to spend more time with me,’ he states.
David Ayer Actor
He wrote the screenplay for crime drama Dark Blue, and it was his research into the Los Angeles Police Department that led to his most prominent screenplay, Training Day.
He signed a contract to write a screenplay for S.W.A.T., which was based on his original story pitch.
His directorial debut was with the film Harsh Times, a drama set on the streets of South Central Los Angeles, showing how drug use and past military experiences affects people’s attempts to lead normal lives. He later wrote and directed End of Watch, a drama about the daily lives of two South Central Los Angeles policemen, played by Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña.
The film, along with Ayer’s directing, received negative reviews. On January 3, 2018, Netflix confirmed they were moving ahead with the sequel for Bright, with Smith and Edgerton reprising their roles and Ayer directing and writing the script. On December 13, 2016, he was brought on board to direct the spin-off of Suicide Squad, titled Gotham City Sirens, starring Margot Robbie reprising her role of Harley Quinn.
David Ayer Movies
|The Fast and the Furious||Yes|
|2012||End of Watch||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|2019||The Tax Collector||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Fury: Extras
David Ayer Twitter