Dean Benson Phillips popularly known as Dean Phillips is an American businessman and Democrat politician from the state of Minnesota and a member of the U.S House of Representatives from Minnesota’s 3rd congressional district, having defeated Republican incumbent Erik Paulsen in the 2018 midterm election.
Dean was born on January 20, 1969 in St. Paul, Minnesota. As per 2023 Dean is 54 years.
Dean Phillips Family
Dean is a son of DeeDee (mother) and Artie Pfefer (Father). His father Artie was killed was killed in the Vietnam War when Dean was six months old.
Later her mother got married to Eddie Phillips, heir to the Phillips Distilling fortune, one of the country’s largest distributors of wines and spirits at the time.
Dean Phillips Wife
Dean married Karin Einisman in 1995. Later in 2015 they divorced. Currently he is married to Annalise Glick a pretty musician-turned-art-consultant from Bloomington.
Dean has two daughters Karin Pia and Daniela.
- In 1991, Dean graduated from Brown University after pursuing BA in urban studies.
- In 2002, he pursued Master of Business Administration from the University of Minnesota
Phillips is a multimillionaire and has a net worth of up to around $100 Million dollars as of 2023.
- In 1993-2009, acted as the President and Chief Executive Officer in the Phillips Distilling Company
- Chair, Board of Directors, Allina Hospitals & Clinics, 2009-2011
- Board Member, Board of Directors, Winmark Corporation, 2007-2014
- Chair of the Board, Phillips Distilling Company, 2014-2017
- Co-Founder, Penny’s Coffee, 2016-present
- Nov. 28, 2018 Letter to Democratic Colleagues – 165 House Democrats Join Letter Supporting Luján for Assistant Democratic Leader.
- Nov. 14, 2018 Rep-Elect Dean Phillips Expresses Full Support for Southwest Light Rail Project.
Oct. 4, 2018 Letter to the 115th Congress – Call for Sweeping Reform Bill.
- Sept. 17, 2018 An Open Letter to Congressman Erik Paulsen from Dean Phillips about Public Voter Forums.
- Jan. 1, 2018 Issue Position: Women’s Health and Economic Security.
- Jan. 1, 2018 Issue Position: Campaign Finance Reform.
- Jan. 1, 2018 Issue Position: Supporting Our Veterans.
- Jan. 1, 2018 Issue Position: Healthcare for All Americans
- Jan. 1, 2018 Issue Position: A World-Class Public Education
- Jan. 1, 2018 Issue Position: Combating Climate Change
- Jan. 1, 2018 Issue Position: Gun-Violence Prevention