Jason Calacanis Biography
Jason Calacanis is an American Internet entrepreneur, investor, and blogger. He is popular for being part of his first company the dot-com era in New York. His second venture was in Weblogs Inc. The company was a publishing company that he co-founded together with Brian Alvey. It was majorly capitalized on the growth of blogs before being sold to AQI. Jason was also an angel investor in various technology startups.
From there, he also presents at industry conferences worldwide. Furthermore, Jason was born and raised in the Bay Bridge section of Brooklyn in New York City. He also has two brothers and graduated from Xaverian High School in 1988. Jason then furthered his studies at Fordham University where earned a B.A. in psychology.
Jason began his career as a blogger and then co-founded the blog network Weblogs Inc. On September 24, 2003. At that time the company was supported by an angel investment from Mark Cuban. After two years, the Weblogs company generated $1,000 a day just from AdSense. However, Time Warner’s America Online agreed to buy Weblogs Inc. in October 2005 for $ 25-30 million.
On November 16, TechCrunch reported that Calacanis had resigned from his position as CEO of Weblogs, Later on, it was confirmed by Jason on his blog and on the Gillmor Gang podcast. He also joined Sequoia Capital as an EIA in December 2006. He held the position until May 2007. From there, he also launched the web directory Mahalo from other investors that included Sequoia that hit a peak of 15 million, and achieved profitability in 2011.
He was born on November 28, 1970, in Brooklyn, New York in the USA. As of 2021, he is 50 years old. There is no current information about his family background or biological parents.
Jason Calacanis Wife
There is no current information about his personal life. He has managed to keep his personal details all to himself away from the public. Therefore, this information will be updated soon.
Top Uber Investor Jason Calacanis photo
Jason Calacanis Syndicate
This is the name in which Jason uses on his Official website. You can reach his website at https://angel.co/jason/syndicate. However, there are no current details since 2019 about Jason and his line of profession.
Jason Calacanis Investments
Jason has invested in many business startups like Uber, Angel among others. He has managed to earn more than $1 million dollars from each startup. He has also invested in many startups that are still under review.
Jason Calacanis Uber
Calacanis’ experience in computer technology enabled him to invest a huge share in Uber as a startup. Hence hosting a new website has become easier – 50% off the 1st year. Start getting more with Namecheap’s bundle: $15.44/yr hosting plan + free web builder, domain & 50 SSL.
Jason Calacanis Youtube
Jason Calacanis Quotes
- You have to have a big vision and take very small steps to get there. You have to be humble as you execute but visionary and gigantic in terms of your aspiration. In the Internet industry, it’s not about grand innovation, it’s about a lot of little innovations: every day, every week, every month, making something a little bit better.
- Go work at the post office or Starbucks if you want balance in your life.
- Instant access to anything in the future. So if you need a tutor or a babysitter or a massage or any service, it’s going to be instantly available, 24 hours a day, through your phone, with one click.
- The web and physical world is plagued with abundance – people need help sorting through all the good and bad stuff out there. The tyranny of choice is causing major psychic pain and frustration for people.
- I think you need to have a very strong angel community that is committed to mentoring up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
Jason Calacanis Net Worth
Аѕ оf 2021, Тhе nеt wоrth оf Јаѕоn Саlасаnіѕ іѕ аrоund $23 mіllіоn whісh hе hаѕ еаrnеd bу wоrkіng аѕ аn еntrерrеnеur аnd blоggеr. Jason hаѕ dоnе mајоrѕ іn Рѕусhоlоgу аnd hаѕ bееn аblе tо еаrn hіѕ grеаtеѕt ѕuссеѕѕ wіth Wеblоgѕ, Іnс. Не fоundеd іt іn thе уеаr 2003, аnd thеn іt wаѕ ѕоld іn thе уеаr 2005 fоr аrоund $25 mіllіоn.
Jason Calacanis Facebook
Jason Calacanis Twitter
Jason Calacanis Instagram
See Instagram photos and videos from Jason Calacanis (@jason)