Matt Chandler Biography
Matt Chandler is the lead pastor of teaching at the Village Church, a Southern Baptist church in Flower Mound, Texas, and the President of the Acts 29 Network. Chandler’s first book, co-authored with Jared Wilson, The Explicit Gospel, was released in 2012. In it, he explains what the gospel is and how it has been misunderstood.
Matt Chandler born on June 20th, 1974. He is 49 years as of 2023.
Chandler is from Seattle, Washington, United States of America.
Matt Chandler Education | Matt Chandler College
He attended Hardin-Simmons University.
Matt Chandler Wife | Spouse | Partner | Matt Chandler Marriage
Matt got married to his better half who is also the mother of his children in 1999. Her name is Lauren Chandler.Lauren is an author,speaker,worship leader and a songwriter
.Matt Chandler with his wife Lauren Chandler
Matt Chandler Kids | Children
Together with his wife Lauren, the couple is blessed with three kids; Norah Chandler, Reid Chandler, and Audrey Chandler.
Matt Chandler ,his wife Lauren and their three kids
Matt Chandler Village Church
Chandler is an elder and the lead pastor of teaching at The Village Church, which is located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and consists of five campuses: Flower Mound, Dallas Northway, Southlake, Fort Worth, and Plano. The Village Church considers itself to be “gospel-centered.
” Their mission statement reads, “At The Village Church, the means by which we will pursue the glory of God in the making of disciples is four-fold: gospel-centered worship, gospel-centered community, gospel-centered service, and gospel-centered multiplication.
Furthermore, the church has an average growth rate of over one thousand people per year. Therefore, Chandler believes the growth after his arrival helped him to make many changes, including switching to an all-male eldership.
Matt Chandler Brain Tumor | Matt Chandler Health | Matt Chandler Illness
On Thanksgiving morning in 2009, Chandler had a seizure at his home and was later diagnosed with anaplastic oligodendroglioma, a malignant brain tumor. Chandler commented in June 2010 that he believed that God healed his cancer. Although, he received treatment at Baylor University Medical Center and was given a clean bill of health in September 2010.
Matt Chandler photo
Matt’s Restoration to the Church
On December 4th 2022,Matt returned to the pulpit of The Village Church,restored to ministry by the Texas Church’s elders after he took a leave of absence for almost 3 months.
He had taken the leave to deal with what the elders called”some challenges that arose’. It was later discovered that he had to be disciplined by the church elders due to his inappropriate online relationship with a woman,that he was directly messaging on Instagram.
He asked congregants for forgiveness after sharing that he had gone through intense therapy after a three months hiatus.
Matt Chandler Historic Creationism
Regarding creationism, Chandler refers to himself as a “historic creationist”, taking the view presented by Old Testament professor Dr. John Sailhamer in his book Genesis Unbound.
Chandler describes the view, in his words, that God created the universe “in the early stages of an unknowable period of time”.
And that the days of creation were when “God groomed a section of land that was uninhabitable…and prepared it for Adam and Eve. Accordingly, God placed them in the garden and gave them the cultural mandate, ‘Go and make the rest of the world look like this. You’re going to need a lot of help. Also, have a lot of babies.'”
In addition, he affirms that the creation of the universe took place before the biblical Creation Week.
Matt Chandler Career
Following high school, Chandler acquired his first job, as a janitor at Pine Drive Christian School in Dickinson, Texas. Chandler first spoke in front of a crowd when he was asked to share his testimony at a high school chapel. He was then offered a job as a youth minister at a small Baptist church in La Marque, Texas at the age of 18.
Chandler moved to Abilene, Texas where he attended Hardin-Simmons University. While there, Chandler began leading the weekly Grace Bible Study at the Paramount Theater, which grew from a couple of hundred attendees to a couple of thousand. Moreover, Chandler earned a Bible degree from Hardin-Simmons University.
In 1996, Chandler was hired by Beltway Park Baptist Church under pastor David McQueen. Later, in 1999, Chandler started a non-profit called Waiting Room Ministries with close friend Shane Barnard.
Further, Chandler twice started seminary classes but dropped out both times because he felt that he had acquired the tools he was learning from seminary back in bible school.
Matt Chandler Books
- The Explicit Gospel
- The Mingling of Souls: God’s Design for Love, Sex, Marriage, and Redemption
- To Live Is Christ to Die Is Gail
- Take Heart: Christian Courage in the Age of Unbelief
- James – Bible Study Book: Faith Works
- An Even Better Christmas: Joy and Peace That Last All Year
- The Mingling of Souls Study Guide: God’s Design for Love, Sex, Marriage, and Redemption
- Recovering Redemption: How Christ Changes Everything
- Recovering Redemption Bible: How Christ Changes Everything
- Deer Hunting for Kids
- Behind Enemy Lines: The Escape of Robert Grimes with the Comet Line
- The Apostles’ Creed – Teen Bible Study: Together We Believe
- Outrunning the Nazis: The Brave Escape of Resistance Fighter Sven Somme
- Bear Hunting for Kids
- Steps Member Book: Gospel-Centered Recovery
- The Science of Baseball: The Top Ten Ways Science Affects the Game
- Wacky Baseball Trivia: Fun Facts for Every Fan
- Famous Ghost Stories of Europe
- Ghosts of the Alamo and Other Hauntings of the South
- The World’s Most Haunted Places
- Military Drones
- Recreational Drones
- Famous Ghost Stories of North America
- Pro Basketball Records: A Guide for Every Fan
- Bachelor’s Grove Cemetery and Other Haunted Places of the Midwest
- A Beautiful Design Teen Bible Study Book: An Unchanging Plan in an Everchanging World
- Who’s Who of Pro Baseball: A Guide to the Game’s Greatest Players
- Steps Mentor Guide: Gospel-centered Recovery
- Understanding Mental Health
- Ninjas: Japan’s Stealthy Secret Agents
- Understanding Obesity
- Understanding Tobacco
- Alcatraz: A Chilling Interactive Adventure
- Dangerous Times! History’s Most Troubled Eras
- Outrageous Pro Wrestling Rivalries
- Understanding Suicide
- All-Star Goofball Trivia: Weird and Wild Sports Trivia
- Gymnastics: A Guide for Athletes and Fans
- The Tech Behind Electric Cars
- Tae Kwon Do: A Guide for Athletes and Fans
- Boys’ Lacrosse: A Guide for Players and Fans
- The Tech Behind Concept Cars
- The Tech Behind Self-Driving Cars
- Wacky Sports Trivia
- The Tech Behind Off-Road Vehicles
- The Ghost Files
- The Adventures of Larry the Lunchbox Lizard: First Time with a Babysitter
- 3ds Max Projects: A Detailed Guide to Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Animation, and Lighting
- Graphic History: Warriors
- The Explicit Gospel – DVD Leader Kit
Matt Chandler Quotes
- “Love says: I’ve seen the ugly parts of you, and I’m staying.”
- “Without a heart transformed by the grace of Christ, we just continue to manage external and internal darkness.”
- “If you’re a church person and not a Jesus person, my heart hurts for you. It’s like being engaged and never getting married. It’s miserable.”
- “God does not regret saving you. There is no sin which you commit which is beyond the cross of Christ.”
- “Trying to figure out God is like trying to catch a fish in the Pacific Ocean with an inch of dental floss.”
Matt Chandler Youtube
Matt Chandler Instagram
See Instagram photos and videos from Matt Chandler (@mattchandler74)
Last Updated On:17th August 2023