Rocky Gray Biography
Rocky Gray (William Rocky Gray) is a drummer and guitarist. He is most recognized as a former member of Grammy Award winning, multi platinum goth rockers Evanescence and is a member of such acts as We Are The Fallen, Living Sacrifice, Soul Embraced and Even Devils Die.
Since the early 1990s he has been part of the Arkansas metal scene . He has a great career as a musician. Rocky is also known for playing drums for Soul Embraced, Mourningside, and Machina, and is the former drummer for Evanescence. Rocky in 2016 he created a solo album titled Accursed.
Rocky Gray Age
Rocky was born on July 2, 1974 in Jacksonville, Arkansas. He is 44 years old as of 2018.
Rocky Gray Family | Rocky Gray Wife | Rocky Gray Children
Rocky is married to Renée Gray. They have two children, Abraham and Madison. The couple live in Little Rock, Arkansas. His brother-in-law, Chad Moore, plays with Gray in Soul Embraced (vocals) and played with him in Kill System (bass) and The Burning (vocals).
Rocky Gray Accursed
On September 30th 2014 Accursed was released. Rocky’s first horror inspired solo effort that lead to him composing the original motion picture soundtrack for Nevermore Production Films 80’s slasher throwback The Barn (available from Lunaris records on vinyl and cassette and digitally from Itunes and Amazon), the new Wicked Pixel Cinema movie IN MEMORY OF directed by Eric Stanze and the upcoming horror anthology Volumes of Blood: Horror Stories with several more soundtracks in the works for 2016 and 2017.
Rocky has also composed music for Tripwire Interactives Killing Floor 2 video game that has sold over a million units (available on physical and digital media from Solid State Records) and the 8 bit NES style video game from Nevermore Production Films and Synersteel Studios The Barn: The Video Game as well as composing music for its 1990’s style commercial.
Rocky Gray Evanescence
In early 2003, Gray left the band to play drums live for the Goth rock band, Evanescence; he was replaced by Cory Brandan Putman.Rocky Gray Photos
Rocky Gray Bands
- Rocky Gray (solo) – guitars, drums, bass (2014–present)
- Soul Embraced – lead guitar (1997–2009, 2014–present), rhythm guitar (1997–2006, 2014–present), bass (1997–2006), drums (2009–2014), backing vocals (1999–present)
- Mourningside – drums (2004–present)
- Living Sacrifice – lead guitar, backing vocals (1999–2003, 2005, 2008–present)
- Machina – drums (2005–present)
- We Are the Fallen – drums (2009–present)
- Even Devils Die – guitar, keyboards, programming (2014–present)
- Creepy Carnival – guitar (2014–present)
- Cryptic Memoirs – drums, guitar (2013–present)
- Chalice – drums (1991)
- Shredded Corpse – vocals, guitar, keyboards, bass (1991–1998)
- Sickshine – drums (1993–1995)
- PainGod (later known as Flesh Compressor) – (1994–1995)
- Seminal Death – vocals, guitar (1995)
- Thy Pain – guitar, vocals (2002)
- Kill System – guitar (2002–2003)
- Evanescence – drums (2002–2007)
- The Burning – guitar (2005–2006)
- 3 for Sorrow – drums, bass and guitar (2005–2006)
- Fatal Thirteen – drums (2006–2014)
- Solus Deus – lead guitar, backing vocals (2012–2017)
Rocky Gray Tour
No upcoming events
Rocky Gray Career
Rocky produced an EP by then-local band Every Knee Shall Bow in 2012 . The band later signed to Rottweiler Records, which Soul Embraced signed soon after. Rocky joined Solus Deus after they began. They released their debut, self-titled EP 1n 2012, and in 2013 their sophomore release, ‘”The Bloodtrail” as well as their third EP, “The Plague” in 2017, featuring Darryl McDaniels from Run DMC.
Both LS and SE released albums, Ghost Thief in 2013 , which featured artists such as Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter and Dave Peters of Throwdown and Mythos, which featured Fitzhugh.
Fatal Thirteen broke up 1n 2014 . Three other projects came up, including Creepy Carnival, which Gray formed with Wretched Graverobber and Spano Graverobber of the horror punk band Grave Robber, and Jeff Bowie of Descended from Wolves, Mourningside, and Soul Embraced. The other projects includes Even Devils Die, another project with LeCompt, and his other solo project, under the name Rocky Gray.
Rocky recorded a solo album, titled Accursed in 2015, and many of the tracks appeared on the soundtrack for Killing Floor 2 (released by Tripwire Interactive; soundtrack released by Solid State Records) he stated that he wanted Living Sacrifice and Soul Embraced to have a new release by 2016. Rocky scored the movie The Barn and the video game based on the movie in 2015.
Rocky was nominated for a “Best Scorer” award for the movie The Barn in 2016 . Later in the same year, Rocky, alongside longtime friend LeCompt, joined local Arkansas gothic rock band Cryptic Memoirs.